View the 2018 Exhibit Prospectus
The ABRCMS 2018 brings together over 4,000 attendees from the underrepresented minority community in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. The Exhibits Program encourages the advancement of undergraduates and post baccalaureates along the path toward graduate-level training. Academic institutions, foundations, professional societies, industry partners and federal agencies are invited to showcase their fellowships, internships, graduate programs, student memberships, travel grants and other student opportunities during the ABRCMS 2018 Exhibits Program.
This year's conference highlights include:
- Over 12 hours of dedicated exhibits spread across three days
- 66% of student attendees are undergraduate seniors or juniors
- Opportunity to present in the Exhibitor Showcase on the Exhibit Hall Floor
- Over 2,000 posters integrated into the Exhibit Hall
- Breaks strategically scheduled in the Exhibit Hall each day to drive traffic
Standard exhibit space available is 10' x 10'. Fees are determined by location in exhibit hall; please see floor plan.
- Premier Booth: $1,950
- Prime Booth: $1,800
- Central Booth: $1,650
- One (1) full conference registration (includes access to all sessions and meals). Additional registration will be available at a later date.
- 10' x 10' exhibit space (8' backdrop and 3' dividers)
- 10' x 10' carpet in exhibit space
- One (1) 6' table with skirt, two (2) chairs and one (1) trash can
- One (1) SWAP Lead Retrieval App to capture leads electronically
- Online exhibitor profile
- Identification sign
- Complimentary WiFi in the exhibit hall, courtesy of ABRCMS 2018 sponsor the American Society for Microbiology (ASM)
- General booth security
Indiana Convention Center
100 S. Capitol Avenue
Indianapolis, Indiana 46225
All conference activities will be held at the Indiana Convention Center and nearby hotels.
Exhibit Hall Hours
|Wednesday, November 14||3:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, November 15||8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.|
Dedicated Exhibit Hours
|Thursday, November 15||1:45 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.|
|Friday, November 16||10:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
|Saturday, November 17||9:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.|
|Saturday, November 17||12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
Dates and Deadlines
- March 29: Sponsorship and Advertising Application Deadline (to qualify for early booth selection)
- April 5: Priority Exhibit Sales for Sponsors (12 p.m. EDT)
- April 6: Clustering Intent Form Deadline
- April 10: Priority Exhibit Sales for Clusters (12 p.m. EDT)
- April 17: General Exhibit Sales (12 p.m. EDT)
- May 2018: Conference Registration & Housing Open
- September 27: Exhibit Booth Cancellation Deadline
- August 15: Exhibit Service Manual Available
- September 27: Deadline to Submit Exhibitor Listing for Final Program and Mobile App
- October 17: Discount Conference Registration Ends
- November 14 - 17: ABRCMS 2018, Indianapolis, IN
Reserve Your Booth
ABRCMS reserves the right to accept, reject, or reassign exhibit applications based upon layout, safety, and security in the exhibit hall.
- All applications MUST be submitted ONLINE.
- Booths are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Booths are confirmed only when payment is received. If your choices have been assigned to another exhibitor, the next best location will be assigned to you.
- Every effort will be made to honor all requests for specific exhibit booth assignments; however, there is no guarantee that any particular request will be accommodated.
- Payments by check must be received within 2 weeks of application submission.
- Only payments in the form of an institution check, money order, or credit card will be accepted.
- A confirmation letter and receipt of payment will be e-mailed within 2 weeks of acceptance of an exhibit application and payment.
- Make institution checks or money orders payable to "American Society for Microbiology" or "ASM." Please include your invoice number on your check.
- Mail Checks to:
ASM Strategic Alliances
American Society for Microbiology
1752 N Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036
- ASM's federal tax ID number is 38-1616141.
ABRCMS welcomes organizations/institutions/departments interested in clustering within the exhibit hall. Clusters typically share a common interest or alliance or work together in some capacity. A cluster must comprise a minimum of five booths to be eligible for priority selection of exhibit booths prior to the general exhibit launch date. Institutions/universities participating in clustering must purchase exhibit space with a credit card. Check, money order, and invoice me options will not be available. Clustering intent form required by Friday, April 6.
A 10' x 10' exhibit space comes with one (1) full conference registration. The person listed on the booth application is considered the primary contact. This individual will be pre-registered. However, all exhibitors must enter the registration portal and complete the complimentary registration. After completing the complimentary registration, exhibitors will then be allowed to add, modify and confirm registrations associated with their exhibit booth. Please note that any individuals entering the exhibit hall must register and pay the appropriate fee. Click here to register.
All reservations must be made through ABRCMS housing. These low rates are not available with the hotel directly. Rooms are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis, so book your room early. Once the ABRCMS rooming block sells out, you are responsible for finding your own accommodations.
Please beware of housing pirates. Reservations made by unaffiliated organizations may claim to offer lower rates, however they are not approved partners of ABRCMS, and can have unreasonable cancellation/change penalties or be completely non-refundable. Please report any unauthorized solicitation to ABRCMS. ABRCMS is not be responsible for hotel reservations booked outside of the official housing block.
Exhibitor Service Kit/Shipping
Freeman is the official ABRCMS shipping provider. The Freeman Exhibitor Services department can be reached at 773-473-7080. The exhibitor service kit will be available August 15, 2018.
- EAX Worldwide is NOT a recommended ABRCMS shipper
- If an outside company is used, the Convention Center will charge an additional fee for accepting, storing, delivering and returning ALL packages regardless of weight
PLEASE NOTE: The processing fee does not apply to the Complimentary SWAP Activation by itself or any additional equipment ordered together with the Complimentary SWAP Activation.
The goal of ABRCMS is to foster the advancement of underrepresented minority students and encourage students to pursue advanced training. This conference is not a career fair. Therefore, you will not be allowed to participate as an exhibit if you are promoting job opportunities. ABRCMS reserves the right to accept or reject any exhibit contract based on this eligibility and academic goal.
Recruitment Team Approach
- Research faculty share information about science courses and programs, research opportunities and mentors, career planning, and information pertinent to the research community
- Postdoctoral fellows do the same as research faculty and tend to add more personal experiences such as staying focused on research and working with mentors, completing graduate school and seeking postdoctoral opportunities
- Graduate students tend to share information about science courses and mentors, research opportunities, the campus environment, social life and networks as well managing ones time in the first two years of graduate school
- Graduate dean OR administrator provides general information about the institution, including deadlines and requirements for both summer and graduate programs
ASM Strategic Alliances