Invest in the next generation of STEM Students
Did you know that 80% of ABRCMS student attendees are from historically marginalized communities? Research continues to show the importance mentors play in underrepresented students’ success in STEM fields and as such, ABRCMS provides opportunities for you to be involved during the conference.
1. Serve as a Judge
Judges are needed to provide constructive feedback to the undergraduate, postbaccalaureate and master's student poster and oral presenters. Students will receive three judges who provide feedback on their presentations and will score each student presentation based on the provided rubric. As a judge, not only do you get to explore the latest research, you also get the chance to leave a lasting impression on students by encouraging them in their research studies.
- Must be a senior-level graduate student, postdoctoral scientist, faculty member or research scientist.
- Must be an active researcher in one of the 12 ABRCMS disciplines.
- Must attend the Judges' Orientation webinar.
- All judges, including volunteers, must register and pay the registration fee.
Interested in volunteering?
- Indicate your interest during the registration process
- Judge Travel Awards are available. Registration waiver awardees are expected to participate in all poster sessions, including the virtual poster session on Saturday, Nov. 18.
2. Serve as an Abstract Reviewer
Are you an ACTIVE researcher willing to invest in the next generation of scientists? Volunteer to serve as an ABRCMS abstract or travel award reviewer.
The review processes will take place Sept. 14-19. Reviewers must be postdoctoral scientists or faculty members who actively research in one of the 12 ABRCMS disciplines. The deadline to indicate your interest is Aug. 31.